Tuesday, September 1, 2015

B.A.B.E. Week 17: Who does Elle look like?


Who does Elle look like?  To most people, it seems obvious – her dada.  And her dada’s mom (pictured below during this week’s trip to Maine).  But I also try to claim a little Elle in me too.   For direct comparison, you can see pictures of me and Wilson.   Elle obviously has her dada’s coloring but I think the shape of her features may favor me – we’ll see.  


Muriel

Wilson
In any case, she continues to be a joy.   And her personality seems to have a little of both me and Wilson thus far.   For example, I think that, like me, she can get a little overwhelmed by large group social situations.   But like her dada, she can also be extremely personable with new people – smiling, cooing and talking.


This week, she continues to be more verbal and especially likes being around other children and babies.  She seems very interested in other babies especially.


 We have seen a lot more kids/babies than normal because we have been on vacation in Maine. Wilson is from Maine and has a lot of family and old friends here, which is lovely.   Add to that the fact that we got married here in Portland, Maine and it is always nice to come back.


Being back in Maine has been a wholesale fulfillment for the “exploration” part of “B.A.B.E.” dom.  This fulfillment comes even though Maine is familiar because it still feels new and different to me.  And, then of course it is new to Elle.  For me, it feels different and exciting because the tastes, sights, and people are obviously not the same as the Bahamas. I also haven’t memorized our favorite places or how the light hits the lake.  And I can certainly savor the taste of lobster and whoopie pies anew each time we come to Maine. Elle has been really enjoying the deliciously temperate weather as well, lots of outdoor time. 
The church where we got married

The other aspects of “B.A.B.E” dom –work and health -- have been coming along fine in Maine.  I worked remotely yesterday because I had a lot to do and it was a little disruptive and weird to come on vacation so soon after coming back from maternity leave.  That said, it is nice to ease back into work by having this vacation come right now.   For health, it was really fun because Wilson and I went on our first run TOGETHER since October.   Our relationship began with us running together and running is something that we both enjoy so it was nice to actually chat and run while Wilson’s parents watched Elle back at the homestead.   Wilson’s parents have truly helped us and me in achieving that B.A.B.E.dom balance. 



Thank you Neny and Baba! 

No comments:

Post a Comment