Tuesday, April 26, 2016

B.A.B.E. Week 51: The work goal


So my work goal was to take a few minutes at the start of each work day to write a plan of action for the day.  And I really liked the idea of this goal but the execution was difficult.  That's the thing with goals -- not usually easy or they wouldn't be goals.
Learning to CHEERS!
In any case, when I stuck with this plan of action goal, I believe that it helped with my overall productivity but I am not sure.  It certainly helped me be more proactive rather than reactive.  But I found myself adding way too many things to my to do list and not being able to accomplish them.



Trying to accomplish too many tasks in one day relates to how I think that so much of the modern condition is about being over committed, over stimulated, etc.  As I write this, it is 1:10 am, I am tired, am trying to finish some stuff for work, and I have a gazillion web-tabs open and a bunch of documents.  



But luckily as I write this and don't sleep, Elle is sleeping peacefully and continues to grow and develop.  She is moving a lot now (crawling, pushing walkers, twisting out of diaper changes, etc.)  She is also babbling a lot and often sings.  And finally, she really likes "high fives" and "cheers".

Becoming an escape artist...
And.. back to work and because I need to get this work stuff done and in the spirit of stopping the over commitment and over stimulation, I am going to finish this blog post now -- let the pictures do the talking and save my reserves for the last blog post of the series next week.


Check out the giant onion...




No comments:

Post a Comment