Tuesday, December 8, 2015

B.A.B.E. Week 31: Where is the time going?


Chilling at the infinity pool
When I was in the Peace Corps, I didn’t realize that life could be so boring.  Without the constant buzz of electricity and its accoutrements, there is a lot more time in the day.   Nowadays, we are all so busy that the time just rolls and rolls and rolls.   This week was not different—it has rolled past with so many great events.

At the Atlantis aquarium
A lot of events this week.  
  • Elle’s first tooth broke completely through (on the bottom right side);

  • Elle turned 7 months old;
  • Elle decorated her first Christmas tree;

  • Elle’s “twin” visited – a great friend from London brought her baby to play with Elle and everyone kept asking if they were twins…J; and

·      

We had our first family pool day (a fair amount of beach days up to this point but this week, we had our first laze around a pool day…)


All this while I continue to work full-time and am on a “new” exercise challenge.  My friend and I completed approximate 100 days of planking and now am on a new challenge (with a new google spreadsheet) of a calisthenics exercise that builds.  I really like the building aspect of it but as I alluded to earlier, it is hard to find the time.

Time – what a precious commodity we have and here in the Bahamas, I feel so grateful for each day of it.  I feel really grateful even when it rains all day or I don’t get all my work done, or am staying up too late or getting up too early.  I am so grateful because my basic needs (and more) are fulfilled, and most importantly, I get to hear my daughter’s squeals of delight and watch her learn that eating food is often a fantastic activity.


This week, Elle has been laughing harder and more frequently.  She is also learning that she sort of likes the weird stuff that we keep shoving in her mouth.  And she most definitely likes playing with other babies.  She kept kissing and loving on her friend here in the Bahamas (2 mos older) and her twin (1 mo younger).



When Elle was a couple days old, I couldn’t imagine her as a 7 month old and now, with the inevitable march of time, here we are.  Time is rolling but we are rolling with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment