Tuesday, February 9, 2016

B.A.B.E. Week 40: What is this all about?


Chilling in her ride as mom is about to take her for a run
For the past 40 weeks (40 weeks, wow that passed fast), I have blogged about “B.A.B.E. dom”.    And I am finally grappling with whether I am actually maximizing “B.A.B.E dom” – baby (maximizing time with Elle and fostering her development), aspirations (maximizing work performance and career), body (maximizing fitness and health), and exploration (maximizing adventure and travel).

At the primeval forest - note the land bridges to their right
I only have 12 weeks of this series left and I think that how I want to close off this blog is the following:

(1) Continue to blog about Elle’s development.  This blog is first and foremost a documentary of Elle’s first year of life.

In that vein, this week has been exciting, as Elle has continued to dance and bounce.  She also has balanced standing on her own for the first time.  She is babbling and is extremely social  (except for late afternoon/evening).   Elle still tends to be a little crabby during “cocktail hour”.   As my mother-in-law said, there’s a reason for cocktail hour.   But even during cocktail hour, Elle can rally to her sociable self to allow her parents to do crossfit during this fitful time (pic below).


(2) Write about and analyze the concept of goals for “B.A.B.E.dom” and what I think that I can accomplish in these last 12 weeks (Week 41).

After a cool dip in our pool, wearing Elle's shark robe and swimsuit
(3) Report on how I measured up to these goals – so Weeks 48, 49, 50, and 51 will each focus on one aspect of B.A.B.E.dom and whether I have met and kept goals related to these.

Sleepiness after a full day and on our way home from the aquarium
(4) This gives me 6 weeks of no set agenda.  In those 6 weeks, I hope to cover some topics near and dear to my heart such as breastfeeding tips and lessons (this one may have to be a 2-part series).  Please let me know if there are any other topics that I should cover.

12 weeks left of “B.A.B.E.” blogging to go.   Here’s to making them good!


No comments:

Post a Comment