Tuesday, February 23, 2016

B.A.B.E. Week 42: “B.A.B.E.dom” goals



 Baby – In some ways, I think the goal that I have for “baby” may be one of the easier ones.  I simply want to provide her with as healthy as an environment as possible.  Providing that healthy environment means making sure emotional, mental, and physical needs are met.  Meeting these needs doesn’t feel onerous because it is such a pleasure to be a parent to Elle.  She delights us and engages us and makes it easy to provide her with stimulation and attention.  


For example, this past week she continues to show how much she loves other babies and children by trying to kiss them (and perhaps bite them…).   She also has been practicing walking by having her feet on my feet as we walk around house.  And she continues to be a be a joy at restaurants – laughing and playing.  She even ate from chopsticks for the first time.
Eating fried rice from chopsticks
Aspirations – This is a harder goal for me.   My goal in this department is to improve my work productivity.  I plan to do this by taking 4 minutes at the beginning of each day and planning out my “plan of attack.”   And then accomplish what I have set out for myself.  With vacation time, I have about 30 or so days of “B.A.B.E dom” left.  I hope to make that “plan of attack” at least 25 or the 30 or so days.

At the top of the slide in the park by our casa
Body – This is probably the hardest goal arena for me.   Like many people, I feel like my health and fitness (and body image) could always improve.   So to improve this arena, my goal is to eat 60% plants (vegetables and fruit) five out of seven days each week.    This plant idea arose from how Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen eat (although supposedly they eat 80% plants and vegetables).  It’s a tall order to eat so many plants when I think about all the grain, protein, and “other” things I eat.   Like for example, does eating peanut butter count as a plant?   I think that I will count it and maybe jam at a small percentage.  So I guess a PB&J sandwich on my whole grain wheat bread would be a 25% meal--making it hard to average to 60% overall for the day…



Exploration – This is the easiest goal.  Being married to Wilson is a constant adventure.  He is full of exploration plans and ideas.  So I guess my goal here is to blog about these explorations at least twice until the end of B.A.B.E. dom.

No comments:

Post a Comment